Saturday, November 14, 2009

Removing 328i Front Bumper

28.10.2009, HRP - Col d'Agnel de Coume of Pic du Carlit to the Barrage Bouillouses

On the eve I have quarreled. How do I put on today's stage? There were two options for the day: Plan A) ascent of the Pic du Carlit, 2921m above sea level with the highest point of my entire tour. Or Plan B) of the Pic du transmutor Carlit of the Portella de la Grava on the GR10. On the eve

I have come to no decision and had decided to wait for how I feel in the morning.

And I felt great! The night was very cold in my sleeping bag I have not much noticed of it but the ice was on the small lake conclusive enough.

Interestingly enough, the water level in the lake dropped by about 20-30cm. Probably because in the night no more melt water came from the mountains. After breakfast we were off to the nearby pass Col de Agnel d'Coume.


view from the camp on the Col d'Agnel de Coume


The climb was short but beautiful, because of the way through once again ran between large boulders.


GR-milestones during the ascent


After a few minutes, reached the pass. An easier path led down to a small lake "Estany de Lanoset. From there it went right on down to the great lake "Estany de Lanoux.

Estany de Lanoux


Again Estany de Lanoux


This was then also the point of decision. A trail led directly towards East, up to the Portella de la Grava, and thus around the Carlit Massif. The path of the jump to climb the Pic du Carlit branched out from here directly to the south.

The decision was made quickly and without stop, I went south. The path runs along the lake for some time.


something green on the road to the west side of the Pic du Carlit


The path rises and eventually approaches the mountain.


look back at the Etang de Lanoux


Here the path climbs up to about 2450m on to the small lake "Estany Forcats" right on the ascent. Here I have einschüchternen full view of the ascent.


rise on the west side of the Pic du Carlit


The path leads directly to 500 meters up the slope of boulders and loose scree. In the picture above you can see in the center a few path-pieces at the bottom of the slope. After a few meters, however, one must look even a path. The ascent of the mountain side and then bends slightly to the right above where the climb is easier then.


the views up - right on the slope.


The whole loose gravel on the steep slope one wishes for a helmet. Fortunately But it came to no shock rock.

in the beginning of the ascent debris is not a problem, nothing slips, nothing moves, all wedged well and the path is also not unusual steep.


The view down to the first few minutes


The next bit is very steep and the slope is full of very fine gravel. It is indeed vorran, but often on a "Two steps forward and one step back". Now I'm

no longer alone, from above me, two older French descent against the effortlessly. They warn me before the descent on the other hand, there is plenty of ice to be there and still significantly steeper than here.


After the initial piece of it steeper again


from behind a British couple is without backpacks, which I have previously noted schonmal behind me. I take a break and let pass me. And use the opportunity to look over the landscape.


view of the Estany de Fourat and Estany Lanoux


And the view straight down.


The view down - there I have come up.


And then the British were also passed me



still left some space, then after.



The steepest section is done so, the climb flattens out a little now and will be easier. Again, looking back over the landscape - after all, is rewarded each altitude with a better view! back


Again the view


So on the final piece of the climb!


up there ...


Once at the saddle, it is then right again slightly 15m high to the summit of the Pic du Carlit. From here the view is perfect :-)


view the other side of the saddle down


the saddle, I turned off my backpack and then I the last few meters to the summit hinaufgekraxelt. The two Britons were just break even. We congratulate our performance ^ ^.


The (demolished) peak cross with the Catalan flag


A few impressions from the top:


view over the valley. The southern tip of the great lake is my daily goal - Barrage of Bouillouses



The site from which I came: Etang de Lanoux



view of the objective of tomorrow's day. The next mountain range behind Eyne



After a good break I decide to make me on the descent. The first part is quite simple and takes over boulders, similar to the ascent. But then the problems start: rock hard icy snow.

The first stop is directly behind a difficult climb, the trail leads along the side of the mountain height, losing slightly. It began about 20m to overcome ice. Unfortunately, I have to make my first ice climbing gear ready, I've already missed the top to make peace in the saddle.

slowly and with a high concentration, it then goes beyond the existing footprints in the icy snow. I am already quite nervous, but the play is then over.

Here are three other icy bodies, as well as some easy climbing sections. Finally, the heavy piece is overcome and the path is much easier.


The view of the Pic du Carlit - from the east side






Again the view of the many small lakes from the Lake of Bouillouses


Here it becomes clear the path easier. There are still some slight Snow fields there - good to practice with the ice ax and crampons ice equipment.


snow :-)


And a good place for a break :-)


trekking poles and ice axes


From now on, I only follow the yellow trail markers on an easy path . Relaxing after the thrilling ascent and descent. On a recent icy body I meet a French couple that tries to cross without the equipment but then turns around quickly, I had already caught the two and they spoke fluent English. We chat for half an hour about the environment God and the world and then I make myself the way back.

The vegetation is green again and you see more people in the area.


The long road to Lac des Bouillouses


around 16:30 I finally reach the small town on the other side of the dam.


Barrage de Bouillouses


Gite d'Etape There is a closed Refuge de Bouillouses and that was it really. Actually I wanted to stay in the gite, but unfortunately this was booked out. So I limited myself to a cold Coke on the ground.

Fortunately, this one also Refuge of winter rooms. These were open and could even very comfortable and there were mattresses on the bed base, on which I spread my sleeping bag. Fresh water I could get in the gite and thus the day was saved. Shortly after breakfast and I asked then prepared my dinner. A very good night :-).

0 comments:

Post a Comment