Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jobs In Pune In Ayurveda

DSLR Trekking and Part II - Practical experience

After the tour is over some thoughts practical experience with a "great" digital SLR camera in the mountains.

part of the team was following equipment:


  • Canon EOS 50D - 730g
  • Obektiv Canon 35mm 2.0 with UV filters to protect the front lens and GeLi - ~ 230g
  • three batteries - 3x82g = 246g (one original and two unnamed battery)
  • TOTAL - 1206g



Canon EOS 50D with Canon 35mm f / 2 lens


on a camera bag I have omitted here, since I have not found any cheap to me for has fallen. So I improvised. Normally, the camera was hanging on just normal strap around the neck and possibly even hang around the shoulder and to minimize swinging.

disappeared When it rains, the camera under your jacket or in a waterproof Exped Dry Fold Bag. Under the jacket, it is of course a risk of falls.

The Dry-Fold Bag let it set up so that the belt is still brought out the camera and so the camera was still wearing well.

Because of the relatively compact dimensions of the 50D with the 35mm lens (I'm usually the combination of 50D + Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8 L used) could well carry the camera around his neck. Since the weather is perfect starred moisture was not an issue.

experiences and problems
  1. 's largest Problem was the battery. The original battery I had in the camera first provided excellent service and after over 900 pictures I changed the battery for a "China-battery" from Ebay for 5 €. He had previously done whatever good service and also similar to many images as the original Canon battery tolerated, but this time was the first China-battery after a good 75 frames final. The Second China-battery provided even less, and it was already after 25 frames final.
    My guess is that the cold nights the rechargeable battery is partially discharged. So I will take next time the batteries in your sleeping bag.
  2. Second problem was the hood for the Canon 35mm f2. The happy times jumped from Objective when one is encountered with the body in it. Especially on a slope that was annoying then, most of the good piece of rolled a short way down the hill but was fortunately never escape. I often caught her with hearty courage poking with sticks.
  3. Third problem was the lack of contrast in low light situations such as backlight, thus I have noticed a few pictures. I wonder whether an expensive lens with lens elements performed better, as would the lighting conditions were extreme.
  4. lack flexibility with a fixed focal length. Maybe a super zoom would still have been more appropriate, but the minimalism of the festivities perspective I have consciously accepted. Just as the eagle on the way I was, uh, flew longer focal length would have been great. Or second situation, ultra wide-angle in the valleys or at the mountain would be a great visual effect was determined.
  5. weight. 1.2 kg 1.2 kg remain

Finally I can say I would take back the DSLR but with a different lens. I was with the combination of 50D +35 mm/2.0 very satisfied, but ultimately would have preferred more flexibility to me, so I turn myself away again from the lens. But what I take in the future? No idea! Suggestions?

0 comments:

Post a Comment