Sunday, November 22, 2009

Honey Bunches Of Oats Is It Bad

30.10.2009, HRP - mountains behind Eyne (Orri de Baix) via Col de Noufonts to Refugi D'Ulldeter

Short summary:
From the valley behind Eyne up to Col de Eyne and then continue on the French / English border along the various peaks and then back down to the Refugi D'Ulldeter.

Today should be planned for one of the most stressful days. measured in meters before today was the highest rise and deepest descent.

The night was quiet and I slept well. After breakfast I packed my ice equipment at hand. The ice pick came on the side of the backpack and climbing on top of the backpack and were trapped by the backpack cover. Having packed up the tent at 08:00 clock, I was already on the way up to the Col de Eyne, the small river on my left.

View up to the Coll de Eyne in the distance.

The climb up to the Coll de Eyne is at first very simple, the path is well worn and easy to run. Although the path to overcome plenty of altitude, but is not much heavier.

Further up the path

The snow was thick and a few hundred yards from the Coll de Eyne was solid snow. The snow was completely covered with ice and rock hard accordingly. No chance with the boots just a notch to step into the ice. But for the purpose I've crampons with it. Unfortunately, here also the moment where I forgot the camera switch, Therefore, the following pictures are often rather poor.

created crampons, ice axes in the mountain-side hand and upward.

Lowa Tibet GTX Grivel Air Tech Crampon (New Classic binding)

The crampon is the rise just after a good 20 minutes I'm up at the Coll de Eyne. Get ready for a break and a view over the landscape. Then we continue towards Pic de Noufonts, the highest point of our tour today with 2861m.


Eyne, Nuria? Nope - Pic du Noufonts:)


way I meet two "Trail Runner" to "jog" in the direction of Nuria. Not bad :-).

The path is always the ridge along the border between Spain and France following.

The path is to go with a few snow fields very easily, now and then I go straight to avoid snow and elsewhere I use the crampons. A few impressions of the landscape





Here the path to see, partly covered with snow. In the midday sun, the snow but soft and can happen easily.

neighboring peaks

again with a recognizable path

also back everything up here is full of grasshoppers. Partial sun, the really big items on the rocks.

Crawler

Then came one of the highlights of the day. An eagle flew over the way he told me shortly before sailing Coll de No Creux across. From a distance it looked like a "flying door" to describe the size of the animal. Sorry I missed the focal length of it to photograph the bird, and in addition, I still had the wrong attitude. But one does what one can:



Magnified detail from another image

short time later, I reached the Coll Creux de No, it is called because for nine steel crosses are decorated in part with the Catalan flag.

Coll de Creux No



overlooking Etang Bleu and Etang Noir

My path

On the other side of the ridge was still very much snow. Due to the location of these shadows was also in the early afternoon still completely frozen. So for the descent was again required the ice equipment.

The path led to the descent into the valley. On a map, which was again damaged by vandalism, nor was a reference to see on my daily goal, the Refugi D'Ulldeter.


led the last part of the path through a ski area on which lies the refuges. Around 16:00 clock I reached the refuge. I expected there to actually sleep in the winter areas, but the weekend was the Refugi still open.

The hut is spoke some English, so communication was no problem, I opted for the "half board" with dinner and breakfast for 38 €. Wanted to test how the food here is up. First I ordered but a Coke and a tea and relaxed me a bit at the hut. I was alone in a 6-bed room and had enough space. The warm shower (2 €) was great:).

For dinner we had soup with bread as an appetizer, a salad as a main course and then a funny English sausage with beans and sauce. The sausage was a bit weird and had some hard pieces, that was not then in my and the rest was very good.

evening came, two other Spaniards, who wanted to spend their weekends here. The two wanted to go downhill mountain biking. Too cool!

the rest of the evening I took something for it to read and recover. The book was then read out and I was back in the refuges, the landlord put it to the other books.

So if someone in Refugi D'Ulldeter the book "Tom Clancy - Clear and Present Danger" see - I've left behind :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment