Saturday, November 21, 2009

Lost Bet What Should Do Survey Feet

DSLR SLR trekking: "I love it RAW"

After the tour, when I look through the pictures have noticed that I have built at one of the best days of big crap. In a somewhat difficult lighting situation, I have set the camera in manual mode and made my picture (paw prints in the snow). Mostly I've used the automatic aperture and depending on the situation, sometimes the automatic mode or manual mode.

Then I forgot about the mode switch again. Unfortunately, I noticed that only at the Col de Nou Creus, the entire piece on the ridge from the Col de Eyne was up to here then fixed in 40 massively over-exposed images:


original out-of-Cam


I in fact almost exclusively in RAW mode, taking pictures, was enough information in the channels, yet with very little effort much out of the picture:


After 3 minutes post


For JPEG, such results would not have been possible without difficulty.

What have I turned on the picture? (Adobe Lightroom 2.5)
* restore to 100
* brightness down set to -65
* places for sky / distant mountains and the mountains before me
* the "sky" readjusted (exposure, brightness and contrast something high)
* the "earth" readjusted (exposure and brightness up just a little)

I prefer to think such a result as a no result. So I say just this: if you go and have the time to edit: always use the RAW mode.

0 comments:

Post a Comment